Toner(for mature, sensitive skin prone to redness and occasional breakouts - cleanses and calms)
1) Brew 16 oz boiling water, two green tea bags. Let steep until cool.
2) Mix :
- 16 drops lavender eo - exema, acne, preservative
- 16 drops German chamomile eo - exema, redness, calming
- 16 geranium
4) Mix well.
5) Add 4 oz green tea - astringent, anti inflammatory, reduces sun damage, reduces skin cancer risk, antioxidant
Oil Face WashThe idea with an oil face wash is to replenish oils rather than stripping them out with a soap. Oil face washing doesn't work for everyone but I have personally seen it work for acne and it completely turned my face skin issues around.
There are many oil face wash routines. I use it in a warm shower after the water and steam has had time to open my pores. You can also lay a warm washcloth over your face, apply oil face wash and then put the warm washcloth back over your face. It's delightfully relaxing. There are also many recipes out there. This blend is specifically for mature skin.
- 1 oz rosehip oil
- 1 oz jojoba oil
- 1 oz camellia oil
- 1 oz castor oil
- 12 drops German chamomile - exema, redness, calming
- 12 lavender eo - exema, acne, preservative
- 12 drops geranium eo - acne
- 8 drops benzoin eo - redness, elasticity, preservative
Blend all together and store in a pump bottle so that no water gets back into the bottle during use.
Eye Makeup Remover
I use a more natural mascara but it's water resistant. This recipe removes it with ease, without harsh manufactured chemicals and leaves my eye area gently moisturized.
- 1 oz oil face wash (above)
- 1 oz polysorbate 80
- 3 oz distilled water